Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

None as an option in dropdown

Paul Nash May 22, 2020

Hi, is it possible to remove the option of none in the dropdown? I have a couple of radio buttons. They are purely Yes or No. None doesn't come into it and purely will confuse. I have them defaulting to no on the create screen and then they have the chance to move to Yes on the edit/view screens, yet the available options on here are No (already ticked) and yes or none. I need to remove none.

Any guidance available on how to do this?

Thanks,

Paul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2020

Hi @Paul Nash ,

Making the field required on your form in JSD will remove the 'None' option.

Zach Leber May 22, 2020

I think making a field Required means you have to display it on all screens including Create which may not be desirable. I also found it to be unnecessary if you initialize any old tickets created before the field was created with a default. Haven't seen None since.

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2020

I might have misunderstood the original question- making it required on the portal is suitable for the customer as they will be presented with only Yes or No.

It looks like @Paul Nash is simply aiming to keep the behaviour of all tickets are created with default value of No, and when an agent attempts to edit the value after creation, should not be seeing the option None.

If this is the case, for the old view in Jira, there needs to be a default value, and the field should be required on the Field Configuration. For the new view it doesn't seem to work, and None still displays (though temporarily disappears if selected) Seems like it's just a bug.

image.png image.png

Paul Nash May 22, 2020

Thanks All. Does seem to be a bug as although None is visible, it doesn't like it when selected as it is a required field and yes and no are the only options. It's a pain, but no-one will be able to select it, it would appear.

0 votes
Zach Leber May 22, 2020

For me what worked was:

• set the default to Yes or No
  • bulk change your existing issues that still may be None to the default

All new issues should get created with the value set to your default rather than None.

You shouldn't have to make the field Required for this to work.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events