Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email sent to reporters when updating an issue in our TS-project

Ash1981 March 29, 2018

I've checked the notification schemes and reporter is listed on all events so don't understand why the responses I make in an issue is not sent to certain reporters?

We have one case where no email have been sent and/or received from JSD to the reporter and one case where it has been sent and received to the reporter.

Attached the notification schemes as well which seems ok to my eyes :)

The one that came trough to the reporter was when the reporter actually sent the issue from the start. The one that did not got an reply was an issue not sent in by the reporter ut I changed to the reporter I wanted to reply to afterwarrd in the issue, and the reply did not get trough...

Notification schemes.JPG

Best regards Ash

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2018

The screenshot you posted is actually of the Jira Core notification scheme.  However for Jira Service Desk projects, users in the customer role won't actually get notifications based on that scheme.  That scheme only applies to Licensed Jira Core, Jira Software, or Jira Service Desk Agent users.

Since Service Desk can't use that scheme to send notifications to customers, it uses another notification method.  This difference is explained in more detail in JIRA Service Desk Notification explanation.

However users in the customer role should still get notifications when they are the reporter on an issue in Service Desk.   What I think might be happening here is that the issue in this project that did not send out a notification could have been created in a different manner.  Since that user did not create it themselves, and you changed the reporter, what steps did you take to create that issue?   Did you create it via the customer portal or via email?   Or did you create the issue via Jira's "Create Issue" button?   If you did the latter, then there is a scenario where issues like this do not get set with a request type when you create issues like this.   That request type needs to have some value in order for Service Desk customers to get notifications (as well as other JSD functions like some SLAs to work on that issue, etc).

If that is the case, I would recommend taking a look at Automatically set Customer Request Type When Issue is Created via JIRA.  It explains a means to use automation in Service Desk to automatically set a request type for all issues that do not have one already.   If my suspicion is correct, this will help prevent the problem you are seeing where these users do not get notifications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events