cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No custom field object for Insight - Jira Service Desk

Javier Fernandez October 2, 2019

Hi All,

I'm using Insight - Asset Management, when following the documentation:
https://documentation.riada.io/display/INSSERV/Default+Insight+Custom+Field#DefaultInsightCustomField-CreatetheInsightcustomfield

When attempting to "Create the Insight custom field" I simply do not see any Insight fields in any of the categories (Standard or Advanced).

Has anyone had this issue and is there a solution? It's pretty much a deal breaker if we can't relate tickets to Insight objects.

2 answers

1 vote
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

Hi Javier, 

I'm sorry to say but I have never encountered this problem. And of course it would be a dealbreaker if you can't do this. 

Can you confirm that you are logged in as a JIRA administrator and in the administrator section under "custom fields" when you try to add a new field this does not appear: 

Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 14.31.18.png

I'm assuming not but just trying to rule out the obvious.. 

Nicolas Khoury May 2, 2020

Hi Javier, did you ever find the resolution for your problem? i have the same exact problem. i made sure my user is memeber of Jira-Administrators Group 

0 votes
Laurent Tourneux October 7, 2020

Same issue here! No sense to use (and pay) for the CMDB if custom fields cannot be created and used in the Service Desk.

Is a special configuration/activation needed?

BEst

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events