Next Gen SD issue creation email notification

Bronson Bohnet September 5, 2019

Is there a way to replicate the email notifications from the classic service desk to the next-gen service desk?

PLEASE NOTE: I have tried setting up automation so that agents are alerted. The issue with that is 1. All of the notifications come from me vs. the reporter and 2. I have to have the option "Notifications of your changes" to be enabled which sends me everything. 

This is the notification that we want to somewhat replicate that we were receiving from the "Classic Service Desk"Jira Classic Email Notification.png

This is the new notification that we are receiving if the automation rule is in place and my notify of all is enabled.

Jira Next-Gen Email Notification.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2019

Hi Bronson,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
For next-gen projects and also for some classic ones, the notifications were changed to "Batching notifications".
You can find more details on the documentation below:
- Jira emails are changing!

The first screenshot on your question shows the notification when an issue is created and that's the only type of notification that shows all these details.
Other notifications, like comment status, changed will not contain this other information, so basically, only the style of the notification changed.

Regards,
Angélica

Bronson Bohnet September 6, 2019

Thanks for linking that! I did find that throughout my research but one problem is that since we moved to the next-gen service desk, we have not received ANY request/issue creation notifications unless I set up the automation rule as described in the description. 

In other words, I don't know if our next-gen service desk is incorrectly setup but we aren't receiving this notification in batching. (Unless the batching is once a week since we are coming up on a week using it) but it sounds like we should get those batch emails shortly after ~15-20 minutes at the latest.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2019

Thank you for the details.
On next-gen projects, currently, we can't configure agent notifications, so it's not possible to set to send the "issue created" notification to the assignee.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8347
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Related to batching notification, it should be sent in 10 minutes or less. It will take all notifications for a ticket and will be sent to the customer all in one notification or the agent when the customer send a comment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events