New service desk users should verify their e-mail address

Six November 15, 2019

Hi,

My question is: How can I force the newly registered customers to verify their e-mail address, before they can start using the Customer Portal?

I have one public, SD type project, and I would like to allow public sign up, but I want to send a verification e-mail to the customer, and don't let to raise a request, before he verify the e-mail address.

We can upgrade our Jira above 8, if the solution can reach only some higher version.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Six February 13, 2020

From SD 4.7 it's a built in function. See chapter "Enabling verification emails" at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/enabling-public-signup-and-captcha-938847032.html

0 votes
PVS
Banned
November 15, 2019

Hi @Six 

you can choose your Service Desk project and then pick the "Service Desk Customers" project role to mass email all your SD project customers.

Here's a screenshot; vQ69Pyq.png

Thanks,

PVS

Six November 15, 2019

How should this help me?

PVS
Banned
November 15, 2019

If You Want Send Mail To Client force the newly registered customers to verify their e-mail address you can do this @Six 

Six November 15, 2019

And how should I know who is newly registered? I don't want to do it manually every time, and the new user can raise tickets before I do this, not? 

Maybe I didn't specified my problem enough exactly? In most places when you register you got an e-mail with a verification link, what should you click, before you can use the portal. I need something like that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events