Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New call gets logged each time a User Responds to an Email

Craig Barendse May 7, 2019

Dear Reader

Could you please assist as a new Key gets logged every time when someone responds to an Email, Even though the Key Reference number is already in the Subject Line...What do I have to Change in order to Fix Multiple calls from being logged?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2019

@Craig Barendse , are the replies coming directly from the email sent from Jira indicating the issue was created or thru some other path, e.g. forwarded and then replied. Have you verified the email Handler has selected “create a new issue or comment on an existing one”

Craig Barendse May 9, 2019

Hi Jack the User is Responding to the Email from the Jira Service desk I have confirmed that we have configured the email Handler its configured to us the "Create a New issue or add a comment to an Existing issue" Is there anything else that could be the problem..

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2019

Ok, so hang on a second here. This question is posted again Jira but I see you are not talking about Jira Service Desk? 

Can you please provide a screenshot of where your email channel is configured?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2019

@Craig Barendse , i have moved the post to JSD. Now I suspect your issue is that you may be using the JSW email handler under Jira settings > System > Incoming email. If so, this is not where you setup your email channel for a JSD project. Rather, you go to project > project settings > email requests.

Craig Barendse May 9, 2019

Hi Jack Our Email address is fds@fdsupport.atlassian.net. We are only getting this Error with one Specific Customer that gets the Rejected email Notification...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events