It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New Hires and Terminations (Meet SLA by changing status on Due Date) Edited

I'm trying to set up some Service Desk SLA's and we have new hires and termination tickets that come in with a specific "due date". IE: Term this user on 7/31 @ 5PM. 

However, for terminations we set the tickets to "pending return" as we wait for the equipment to get back even though the user was termed. We want to know whether we met our SLA by terming the user when the due date was instead of just by 'resolution date' because we don't always close the tickets right at the due date.

So essentially, tracking hours doesn't matter - what matters is whether we completed the task.

How I thought of setting it up:

Start counting - Issue Created

Pause on - Status: Open

Stop - Entered Status: Pending Return / Entered Status: Closed

How would I track whether the pending return was set on the due date? Could that be done through some goals?

Or perhaps there's a better way to do this?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @James Muia!

Since there are two distinct actions for the termination, you might consider making a sub-task for each. Then, the SLA for the sub-task of disabling the account can be defined against the due date for that sub-task and it will not be affected by the sub-task for equipment return.  As a bonus, automation rules can close the parent issue once both (or all) subtasks are closed.

Hi,

I think it can be hard to use JIRA SD's SLA to track metrics with hardcoded due dates. It's always based on specific amount of time to complete the  metric.

You can consider using SLA PowerBox add-on to track due-date dependent tickets.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

280 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you