Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to set up a user as JIRA Administrator, but not JIRA Service Desk

P_A Group August 1, 2017

I have JIRA Core, JIRA Service Desk, and JIRA Software licenses installed. The system won't let me add a JIRA Software user to the jira-administrators group because I have used all of my JIRA Service Desk licenses. Unfortunately, most of the people that I want to do things like confugre workflows and configure custom fields are in the software side of the world.

How to I add a user to jira-adminstrators without give them a JIRA Service Desk license?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

You probably need to go to the Application Access page and remove access for JIRA Service Desk from jira-administrators.

Assuming server: <yourbaseurl>/secure/admin/ApplicationAccess.jspa

I have a 3 user license for JSD and I have a 10000 user license for JSW. And 5 admins that are members of jira-administrators and it all works fine.

P_A Group August 2, 2017

That was it. My guess is that since I installed JIRA Service Desk first, the installer assigned jira-administrators to Service Desk.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

Confused. You should be able to add any user to the jira-admin group w/o any implication on whether they are an agent. I am on cloud and just did this to confirm.

Cloud or Server?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

Same here (and it's the same on Cloud and Server).  An admin just needs to be in the admin group.  Their access to Software and Service Desk is irrelevant.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events