Need to open service desk issue on behalf of

JackieB December 29, 2017

As a Manager, I need to be able to raise a Service Desk request on behalf of a member of my team. for instance, if someone on my team has lost computer/server access.

1 answer

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

Hi Jackie,

This is possible. When creating request, change the Reporter field to whom you're requesting on behalf of.

Or raise it as yourself and add them as Request participants.

JackieB January 2, 2018

How do I do this in Help Center? I am not acting as a Service Desk agent.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to do this would be if you were a Service Desk Agent, or Project Admin with agent access.   You could then still do this in the customer portal when creating the request, or via the Jira main web portal by the method Edwin recommended.

But otherwise, I don't see a way for other (non-agent) users to be able to do this.   In that case, I would recommend just adding a text comment to the issue that is created to explain to the Agent who this request is really for and ask the Agent to change the reporter value to the username/email in question.

Shawn L March 5, 2020

This should be configurable to allow the end user to have this option too. Why shift this work to the agent, when the end user will know who they are raising this for. Can a feature be open for this?

Like Sarah_Martinez likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Hi @Shawn L 

There is an existing request for this.  Please see

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events