Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to bulk close tickets in service desk

lisa kraft April 10, 2017

we are just starting to use service desk, but it has been ingesting tickets from our old way of doing things for a long time.  there are about 1100 tickets that need to be closed in service desk.  is there a way to do this in bulk or do i have to close them one by one?

thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Brett Moody December 2, 2019

Is there a way to do this without closing all the tickets in the project?

0 votes

alright, i think i've got it. thank you for your help and patience!

0 votes

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 09.38.34.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

That's searching for filters.  Sam is talking about searching for issues.

Go to the "issues" menu at the top, and you should find an option for "search" - click that and you'll be dropped into the "issue navigator", where you'll be able to search for "Project = SUP" to get all the issues in that project.

I reckon you'll want to refine that by status or resolution - "Project = SUP and resolution is empty" might be more useful!

thank you!

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2017

Hi Lisa - You can use the 'Bulk change' functionality to do this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-780868240.html

Look at the Transition multiple issues section, and use the technique to transition your issues through the workflow to 'Closed' status.

thanks!

unfortunately, i'm already stumped.  i'm not sure how i'm supposed to performa search, and i see nothing that says "tools"

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2017

Do you have the Cloud or Server (self-hosted) version of JIRA Service Desk?

cloud

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2017

i appreciate you walking me through this!

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2017

Once you have got a search that shows you the list of issues you want to change, you'll find that the "Tools" menu is actually the button with three dots that looks a bit like this: [...]

The documentation is a little out of date there.

well, i'm either a total idiot, or our system is not set up correctly.  when i tried to search for unassigned tickets, i get results from everywhere, not just our service desk.  when i try to limit it to the support project, i get no results

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2017

Do you know the issue key of one that you want to change?

First of all, try just doing a search for that one issue to see if you can view.

For example, if you want to find EXAMPLE-123, do:

key = EXAMPLE-123

(using the advanced search)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events