cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to be able to pre-populate some fields when creating a Service Desk issue

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2017

We have a page in Confluence that lists the members of a group in LDAP, and we have an automated request type in Service Desk that allows someone to add to or remove from an LDAP group.

In the request type, one of the fields is the email address of the group that needs to be changed.

What I'd like to be able to do is have a link on the Confluence page that takes the user to the request type in Service Desk but also pre-populates the group email address field, leaving the user to just specify the email addresses to add or remove.

Is there any way to do this, perhaps with a third party plug-in or a way to do it in code?

Thanks.

1 answer

Are you using server or cloud? If you use server you can e.g. Look at the extensions add-on or at insight add-on. I think another way would be to have the ad group choosable in jsd request form instead of trying to take it from Confluence. To keep the possible options in sync with the your groups you could e.g. use insight add-on if using server. Hope that helps... 

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

Thanks for the suggestions.

We're using Server so I will see if those two add-ons can help.

Unfortunately, it is problematic to allow the group to be chooseable in the JSD form as we have over 700 groups :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events