Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need of Spring Scanner

beshu09 September 6, 2017

Is it a good practice to avoid Spring Scanners in Jira add-on..?

In some answers, it was told to remove the usage the Spring scanners from pom.xml to avoid errors.Is it necessary to use Spring Scanners in Jira add-on..?

If Spring scanners are necessary, Which version we should use either 1 or 2 ?

The default Jira command atlas-create-jira-plugin creates plugins with Spring scanners with version 1+ . Is it good to develop addon with Spring scanner version 1..?

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2017

Using spring scanner is not mandatory. But it is recommended because they create "transformerless" plugins. As per the doc:

"They load significantly faster than traditional P2 plugins that require runtime transformation. Local tests for example show plugins that took 5 seconds to load now load in under 2 seconds."

I'm sure using v1 is fine but I would use v2, if possible, because it is likely to have many improvements. I haven't checked the details though.

Kubilay Karpat [Snapbytes] June 26, 2018

Hi @Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist] did you had a change to give v2 a try? I would like to initialize a plugin with v2 but it always stuck at some point and no luck with the readme in spring scanner repo of Atlassian. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events