Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Need a report that shows who approved a ticket

In Jira Service Desk we leverage an approval workflow that has 4 approvers but only 1 needs to actually approve the ticket.  We are doing an audit and I need to be able to show in a report who out of the 4 actually approved the ticket.

I used the jql approvals = approved() and showing the column Approvers but it is pulling all 4 names and does not identify who actually approved the ticket.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iago Docando Community Leader Aug 08, 2019

The easy solution is to have a workflow transition that is restricted to those 4 potential approvers. On transition, add a postfunction that copies the currentuser() to the customfield you want to add to your report. You'll have just one name there.

Hope it helps.

Is there anyway to make this retroactive?

Iago Docando Community Leader Aug 15, 2019

The restriction can't be retroactive because every issue already has the status it has.

You could edit the field aprover retroactively just adding the custom field to the corresponding screen and bulk editing every issue you want but that edition will of course be made let's say today, and that's the date any audit will show for the change.

You could edit the dates those fields where changed directly in the DB but I don't recomend you to do that since you could mess your installation up.

Please accept the answer if that was what you were looking for. If you need further help configuring the workflow the way I told you just ask and I'll throw some screen captures in to make it easier for you.

What post condition do I need to use to copy the current() value - I created a custom field called Approved By.

Iago Docando Community Leader Aug 20, 2019

You should use the Update Custom Field postfunction. From the top of my head that comes with Jira Suite Utilities.

If you just need this functionality you might use an old free version (1.5.4) but you could also give it a try and check what the newer versions (currently 2.15.1) can do for you since they've added a lot. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,245 views 14 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you