Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a report that shows who approved a ticket

Dana Grahf August 8, 2019

In Jira Service Desk we leverage an approval workflow that has 4 approvers but only 1 needs to actually approve the ticket.  We are doing an audit and I need to be able to show in a report who out of the 4 actually approved the ticket.

I used the jql approvals = approved() and showing the column Approvers but it is pulling all 4 names and does not identify who actually approved the ticket.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2019

The easy solution is to have a workflow transition that is restricted to those 4 potential approvers. On transition, add a postfunction that copies the currentuser() to the customfield you want to add to your report. You'll have just one name there.

Hope it helps.

Dana Grahf August 15, 2019

Is there anyway to make this retroactive?

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2019

The restriction can't be retroactive because every issue already has the status it has.

You could edit the field aprover retroactively just adding the custom field to the corresponding screen and bulk editing every issue you want but that edition will of course be made let's say today, and that's the date any audit will show for the change.

You could edit the dates those fields where changed directly in the DB but I don't recomend you to do that since you could mess your installation up.

Please accept the answer if that was what you were looking for. If you need further help configuring the workflow the way I told you just ask and I'll throw some screen captures in to make it easier for you.

Dana Grahf August 19, 2019

What post condition do I need to use to copy the current() value - I created a custom field called Approved By.

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2019

You should use the Update Custom Field postfunction. From the top of my head that comes with Jira Suite Utilities.

If you just need this functionality you might use an old free version (1.5.4) but you could also give it a try and check what the newer versions (currently 2.15.1) can do for you since they've added a lot. 

0 votes
Jose Suarez October 27, 2023

I have the same issue, we need to get a tickets report that should include the user who approved it but can't find the way,

I used this :

"Approvals[Approvals]" = approver('name of approver')

but it return tickets approved by another person.

any idea?  thanks!

0 votes
Chandana October 22, 2021

@Dana Grahf  - Could you see if the below query helps for your use case?

project = XXX and Approvals = approver("username")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events