cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My service desk has stopped sending as my email

John Jones November 26, 2019

Literally yesterday my service desk was sending emails as support@[mydomain]

Today, everything has gone back to the default jira@[servicedeskurl]

What's going on? I can't even edit the outgoing mail server - It's either on/off but no way to edit it.

2 answers

0 votes
John Jones December 1, 2019

Nothing has been changed. Monday it was sending emails as my domain email as I could tell it which email to use. As of Tuesday, it's just a blank screen with no option to change the default outbound email.

It had caused me hours of headache tickets because when someone responded to an update, it created a new ticket every time instead of updating the existing one.

We have managed to get around this by being able to manually create an IMAP to our Office 365 account, but the function used to just work by signing into O365.

Would be nice if we had some advance warning next time Atlassian decide to pull the plug on a major function.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2019

Hello Jonh,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The outgoing email for Jira Service Desk works differently from the outgoing for other Jira projects because the configuration is directly in the project.

The page that you mentioned that has only the option to enable and disable in for Jira in general, so for Service Desk, if you are using a Classic project, you can go to Project settings > Notifications.

On that page, you will be able to change the notification email and add an email from a domain you own.

You can find more details on the documentation below:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

So what's different from yesterday?

It literally was working yesterday and now today it's gone.

My domains are verified as well

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2019

We can’t tell for sure what happened because this information is not saved on the audit log, so it’s not possible to check who changed the email.

Did you change the email address again? Is it working normally?

If you face any issue, please let us know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events