My email notifications are not working

Anis Hammoutene May 24, 2018

Hi,

I am running a jira service desk 3.4.2. My email notifications were working fine and with no problem. However, since two weeks, I noticed that only users with agent role receive email notifications. My question is: what could cause this issue ? Is there a way to view all the email logs ?

Thanks in advance,

3 answers

0 votes
Markus May 13, 2020

check https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-renderers-938847270.html and see if the respective fields are set to Wiki Style Renders. this solved a similar issue on our side.

0 votes
Kamal Kailasa Babu August 30, 2019

try disabling "batch email notifications"

0 votes
Deleted user May 24, 2018

Hi @Anis Hammoutene,

Please verify the project configuration to check if the notifications are configured only for licensed users (agents, admins) as explained in this document.

Hope this information helps!!

Regards,

Priyanka

Anis Hammoutene May 24, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

Everything is well configured, I already checked this link. It is really weird ! 

Don't know what's happening ...

Deleted user May 24, 2018
Anis Hammoutene May 25, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

I looked up every documentation, here is my observations:

1- My Notification scheme is correct;
2- My notification scheme is linked to my project;
3- I enabled logging for emails and when I comment an issue reported by a user, I notice this:
   1- The reporter doesn't receive the mail. However, when I use notification helper, I notice that this reporter is authorized to receive mails.
    2- Agents that are assigned to the issue receive mails.

So I don't really understand what's happening under the hood ... any help would be accepted.

Thanks.

Deleted user May 25, 2018

Hi @Anis Hammoutene,

This could be possible only when the reporter itself is trying to comment on the issue and not receiving emails:

1. Notify users of their own changes is marked as No in Default User Preferences.DefaultUserPreferences.png
  2. My changes is marked as Do not notify me in the Profiles section. Profile.pngSo, when at least one of the above configurations are changed then the reporter will be able to receive notification if they are the ones adding the comment.

Regards,

Priyanka

Anis Hammoutene May 25, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

So all I need to do is to change one of them ? I am a bit confused. On my application Notify users of their own changes is marked as No in Default User Preferences. Do I need to change it to yes ?

Thanks.

Deleted user May 25, 2018

Hi @Anis Hammoutene,

Let me explain it clearly then..

Yes, changing Default User Preferences Notify users of their own changes to Yes will send you email notifications about issue updates made by either both you and other people.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-the-user-default-settings-802592314.html, https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/managing-your-user-profile-935895233.html documents might be helpful to you.

Regards,

Priyanka

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events