It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

My email notifications are not working

Hi,

I am running a jira service desk 3.4.2. My email notifications were working fine and with no problem. However, since two weeks, I noticed that only users with agent role receive email notifications. My question is: what could cause this issue ? Is there a way to view all the email logs ?

Thanks in advance,

2 answers

Hi @Anis Hammoutene,

Please verify the project configuration to check if the notifications are configured only for licensed users (agents, admins) as explained in this document.

Hope this information helps!!

Regards,

Priyanka

Hi @Priyanka Nagaraju [Appfire],

Everything is well configured, I already checked this link. It is really weird ! 

Don't know what's happening ...

I looked up every documentation, here is my observations:

1- My Notification scheme is correct;
2- My notification scheme is linked to my project;
3- I enabled logging for emails and when I comment an issue reported by a user, I notice this:
   1- The reporter doesn't receive the mail. However, when I use notification helper, I notice that this reporter is authorized to receive mails.
    2- Agents that are assigned to the issue receive mails.

So I don't really understand what's happening under the hood ... any help would be accepted.

Thanks.

Hi @Anis Hammoutene,

This could be possible only when the reporter itself is trying to comment on the issue and not receiving emails:

1. Notify users of their own changes is marked as No in Default User Preferences.DefaultUserPreferences.png
  2. My changes is marked as Do not notify me in the Profiles section. Profile.pngSo, when at least one of the above configurations are changed then the reporter will be able to receive notification if they are the ones adding the comment.

Regards,

Priyanka

So all I need to do is to change one of them ? I am a bit confused. On my application Notify users of their own changes is marked as No in Default User Preferences. Do I need to change it to yes ?

Thanks.

Hi @Anis Hammoutene,

Let me explain it clearly then..

Yes, changing Default User Preferences Notify users of their own changes to Yes will send you email notifications about issue updates made by either both you and other people.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-the-user-default-settings-802592314.html, https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/managing-your-user-profile-935895233.html documents might be helpful to you.

Regards,

Priyanka

try disabling "batch email notifications"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

289 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you