It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

My ability to manage Add-ons has gone away and I don't see Global permission of Jira System Administ Edited

I'm the main Jira administrator for my company and have always been able to add new add-ons to my Jira/Jira SD application.  When I just tried to add a new add-on I get a request add-on then a message box stating that the Jira System Administrators have been notified.  When I look at the Global Permissions I don't see a role of Jira System Administrator, is this a new role?  What do I need to do to get this role?  I am part of the Jira-Administrators group.  I'm using Jira 7.3.3 and Jira SD 4.3.4.

1 answer

0 votes

You've been removed from the group(s) that grants global admin, or the group has been removed from the global permissions.

You'll need to get an existing global admin to add you back into a group that has global admin.

Nic,

Thanks for your quick response.  We currently use Active Directory authentication but I am logged in as an admin user within the local Jira Internal Directory.  Nothing changed with this user.  There is no global admin that I am aware of.  Is there a way to check the database to see if there is a global admin?

Sorry, I was unclear.  By "global admin", I mean system admin.  There is at least one group named in the system admin permission in global permissions, and you've been removed from it (or, there may have been many and your group was removed from the permission).

You need to ask someone who still has system admin to grant you system admin.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

283 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you