Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Service Desks With Different Permission Schemes

Ops November 18, 2014

Hi All

I am trying to create two separate service desks - one for internal customers and one for external customers.

I have two user groups - one for internal customers and one for external customers, and want to set the permissions for the individual service desk to the matching group.

Can anyone assist with how to set the permission schemes, if this is even the right way to go about this?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Domanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

If you will switch those ServiceDesks to 'Restricted Access' (via People > Customers > Only people on my customer list can access my Customer Portal), then only those Customer accounts that are added by you in this ServiceDesk will see it.

In other words: If 1 Customer is supposed to see two ServiceDesks, you just add them in both of them.

I hope it helps.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2014

Yes, you can add different users/groups into the Service Desk permissions. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/JIRA+Service+Desk+permissions

0 votes
Ops December 2, 2014

Yes thanks @Sebastian Domanski - that is what I have done, and added customers using the project roles.

Very, very simple when you know how!

0 votes
Ops November 25, 2014

Turns out I was approaching this incorrectly.

All I needed to do was assign the user group to the appropriate role in the project administration, rather than try to create multiple roles.

0 votes
Ops November 19, 2014

This is where I am getting confused:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Using+custom+permission+schemes

"Service Desk Customers: The security type reads the role to determine who are customers"

My problem is that the security type reads from one role only - for this to work for me I would need a security type for internal, and external customers (as these security types seem compulsory) and for these to look at internal or external roles.

I have both Service Desks set to "Everyone with an account can access my Customer Portal", and was then hoping to limit the desks customers can see by permissions, but perhaps I am approaching this incorrectly.

Could anyone tell me what I am missing?

0 votes
Ops November 18, 2014

Thanks Jobin - that confluence page is where I started my project, but I will go through it again and report any further issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events