Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi brand service desk

Deleted user March 7, 2018

Our company has three distinct products for three distinct customer groups with different branding. Does Jira Service Desk support multiple service desks, so each customer group can go direct to their product service desk (and not be confused by having to pick from amongst the other brands).

2 answers

0 votes
Pierre-Henry Deliège September 18, 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to do the same thing: 2 Service Desks for 2 different products.

I would like to have 2 different Portals with completely different looks. One Portal for 1 Service Desk and the second one for the other.

Do you have some information how to send the information to JIRA through the REST API ? Is it working on the Cloud version ?

Any other ideas how to achieve it ?

Thanks,

Curtis September 18, 2018

Other than building your own portal and using the API for pushing/accessing data, you could create a second Jira instance.

0 votes
Curtis March 7, 2018

In JIRA, you can have multiple Service Desks, but there is a single portal to use to navigate between them. So, if they can each have the same look and feel, just different service/report options in them, then it should work for you.

If they require completely different looks, then I think you will need to build your own portals for each group, and send the information into JIRA via its very robust REST API.

You should sing up for a trial, and quickly setup a few Service Desk projects and see for yourself how it looks. This video from Atlassian might also help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0GSghhnN4I

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Also, you can limitate the view of the portal via customer permissions. Each project can have their own customers and give only Browse Project Permission (ability to see the project and portal) to that users

Like Lisa Peck likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events