Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Service Request to Service Request with Approvals

Nick RK May 8, 2018

Sometimes we have Service Requests come through our Service Desk that we'd like to "convert" to Service Request with Approvals. I've successfully been able to Move issue types, however, when I go to Edit the request and add the Approvers, it appears that they Approvers don't actually receive any notification that they need to approve anything. Is there a better way to transition this request? Or should I just create a new one on behalf of the user in the Customer portal?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2018

I expect it is how the workflow is designed. Normally approvals happen at creation of the issue. Since the issue has already gone thru that 'transition' then the approvers are not notified. I would suggest you create a transition that mimics the creations, e.g. a transition from the 'approval' status back to the 'approval' status called say "notify approvers" and set up a post function. There may be a better way but that is the option that immediately comes to mind.

Nick RK May 8, 2018

Thanks for the response, Jack! Good idea– I'll look into implementing that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events