Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move an issue from JIRA Service Desk to JIRA Software

Magnus Emmot April 10, 2018

Hello,

We are using Jira Service Desk and Jira Software. They are separated on two different servers.

How do I link them together so that issues can be opened from service desk in Jira software?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

Have a look at Backbone Issue Sync plugin. This plugin will let you synchronize issues between two instances:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.backbone.backbone-issue-sync/cloud/overview

Or you can always develop your custom application using Power Scripts or ScriptRunner.

Magnus Emmot April 11, 2018

Would it work seemless if I had the two products on the same server?

Magnus Emmot April 13, 2018

Does anyone have an answer to my follow up question?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2018

Backbone Issue Sync can work on the same server.

same with Power Scripts and ScriptRunner

Sorry for being unclear. Would it work seemless if we ran Jira SD and Jira Software on the same server?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2018

You mean on the same server or on the same instance? Anyway it would work fine

Same server and same instance for both products. I was wondering if that would make the integration between the two products seemless.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2018

Just try it. I guess, it should work. If you choose Backbone Issue Sync then you need to do setups. If you choose Power Scripts or ScriptRunner then you would need to develop scripts. Kindly start with Backbone Issue Sync and have a look, if it works for you. 

Ok! so for sychronization those are the alternatives.

If I have the two on the same instance. Can I open up issues from Jira Service Desk so that it will end up in Jira Software?

And linking together issues between the two softwares.

Deleted user April 13, 2018

Hi @Magnus Emmot,

I'm Tom from K15t Software, the developers of Backbone.

It's indeed possible to synchronize issues between Jira Server and Jira Service Desk using Backbone. It works just fine whether you're on the same server, or different servers.

As a matter of fact, our documentation contains a step-by-step guide on this very scenario: https://help.k15t.com/backbone-issue-sync/latest/server/2nd-level-support-jira-service-desk-jira-130130217.html

The steps are basically the same whether the projects are  in one instance or two.

If you have any questions, or if anything's unclear, I'll be happy to help.

Cheers, Tom.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2018

Hi  @Magnus Emmot,

to answer your question, yes, if you have both products in the same instance, your service desk agents can create and link issues in an jira software project and vice versa (if you give them the proper rights to create issues).

You will not have to syncronize anything if you have both in the same instance.

It does not matter, if both projects are service desk or software or a combination of them.

Best regards

Bastian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events