Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Jira Service desk to one environment to another.

Oliver Jenkin August 11, 2020

Hi,

I need to move a Jira Service Desk project from one tenant to another.

The other tenant is currently using Jira Software, with multiple projects and confulence spaces. but does not have Jira Service Desk

will using the back up and restore to move the service desk project have any impact on the target environment's projects?

thanks

Oliver

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2020

Backup and restore will totally destroy the target Jira, it will be completely overwritten with the backup, you'll lose all the projects and issues in it.

You need to do a merge instead - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/merge-multiple-instances-of-jira-cloud-779160767.html

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2020

Hi @Oliver Jenkin 

If you have both projects in the same instance, your Service Desk agents can create and link issues in a Jira Software project and vice versa (if you give them the proper rights to create issues).

You will not have to synchronize anything if you have both in the same instance.

It does not matter if both projects are service desk or software or a combination of them.

Oliver Jenkin August 11, 2020

they are in different environments.

Jira software is in subdomain1.atlassian.com

jira service desk is in subdomain2.atlassian.com

we want to move service desk into subdomain1.atlassian.com

Oliver Jenkin August 14, 2020

@Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_ Hi did you see my reply above, they are not in the same instance of Atlassian.

Oliver Jenkin August 14, 2020

Sorry ignore that, i hadnt seen the response above from Nic.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events