Modifying the CSS for the customer portal on Jira Service Desk cloud?

cole_evans August 27, 2018

So I am facing an issue on the customer portal for jira service desk on the cloud where the drop down menu to choose the options is just simply not standing out enough. How can I modify this so that it stands out more? 

I am really confused why this page would be so rigid at this point. For me the ability to modify how bold and emphasized the drop down menu is would really help. I already can see a lot of clients just simply not noticing it at all and zipping for "find help and services" search bar and then complaining that they don't have options to submit a request.

not okay css.png

A workaround that would at least be manageable would be to have the 4 options I configured appear at the bottom of EVERY search the user made. 

okay workaround.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Hey Cole, there isn't further customization available for the JSD cloud portal outside of minor branding image and color scheme updates. 

Atlassian has been very forward-thinking about the cloud UI, and while I can't speak to the roadmap, it seems like they've done a lot to make improvements, and those improvements will continue. 

cole_evans August 27, 2018

Thanks for the quick reply Meg!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Of course! You're very welcome. 

0 votes
Marine Tm July 26, 2021

Hello, do you find a solution ?

0 votes
Zach Stahl January 30, 2019

Hi @Meg Holbrook,

Just wanted to follow-up on this one.  Are we any closer to seeing some form of CSS customization of the JSD cloud request portal? We're currently struggling through using the API to get this functionality. It would be so much quicker if we could just "style" the request portal to suit our needs.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2019

Hey @Zach Stahl - I'm a community volunteer that isn't directly affiliated with Atlassian, so I'm afraid that I don't have full visibility into their road map. However, I do know that there is a huge push to create new functionality for JSD (updates have been rolling out consistently) and that are portal changes included.

Do you subscribe to the mailing list? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events