Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify approver after issue creation

Brüse, Bernhard September 4, 2018

Hi,

I like to modify the approver during the waiting for approval.

As a Service Desk Agent, there should be the opportunity to enable additional people approving a request in case of the ordinary approver is out of office. I thought it would be a good idea to create a new transition (to the same status) and add an additional approver via transition screen to the CustomField "Approvals". Besides, I configured the workflow to accept the approval after only 1 decision. Unfortunately, JIRA prevents me to add additional user to the customfield "Approvals".

Do you have any idea why or maybe an alternative way to implement?

Thank you very much!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

Hi @Brüse, Bernhard

Approvals is not the field you need. The field is called "Approvers" but it can be any single/multi user picker. Check the field you are using and then add it in the appropriate transistion screen.

Brüse, Bernhard September 5, 2018

Hi Cristian,

thank you very much. I thought, JIRA SD always uses "Approvers" performing the approval. I changed the approval configuration using this custom field instead. Now it works for new requests (unfortunately not for existing ones, but that's ok!).

Once again, thanks!

Regards,

Bernhard

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2018

Glad to hear! I don't know why old issues are not affected by the change as they are using the same workflow and it would as simple as performing the transition on them.

If this isn't possible you always could do a bulk change with a filter by date (as the change has been done today) or even a script if you need conditionals changes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events