Missing user in reporter and custom fields

Marco Achilles June 14, 2018

Hello,

we are using JIRA v7.9.0/JIRA Service Desk v3.3.0 and have the following problem:

There was a user in our JIRA Internal Directory called "buerger". The account was set to inactive and later deleted to clear space for another user, also called "buerger". The new one was synchronised from our active directory.
We can see the new user in the user list, but in our Service Desk, he is not available as a reporter or in our custom fields of a task.
After a check of the configuration, everything seems to be okay. After a restart of the system, the problem still exists.
How can we troubleshoot this?

Thanks for help.

1 answer

1 vote
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2018

Hi @Marco Achilles,

does the user have application access and in the servicedesk agents group? If you find a similar user, you can compare the two:

• project roles
  • permissions
  • groups
  • application access

These are the first things I'd check. Let me know if they are all good and we can investigate further.

Cheers,
Krisz

Marco Achilles June 15, 2018

Thank you for your reply.

I checked all of this points, everything looks good. The user is configured like other users.
Is it possible that in the database informations of the old user are blocking the new user?
To examine this, which tables should I consider?

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2018

Can you temporarily change the new user's name to see if it makes a difference? I would only go into the tables if really necessary, see why:

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/database-schema/

Marco Achilles June 15, 2018

Is it possible to rename users in JIRA which are synchronised by LDAP? Unfortunately it is not possible to rename him in the active directory.

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2018

I assume it's a read only sync with local groups (that's the usual) then no, unless it's two way (rarely recommended).

do you have a test project where anyone can be an assignee? I wonder if he shows up there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events