Missing create linked issue option Service desk

dts August 11, 2016

Hi total newbie question here.

We are running Service Desk and Jira. 

I want to know how to link a Serice desk item to an Issue in a JIRA Software Project. After looking around for help, I know I am meant to see a Create Link under the More drop down. But all I see is Add Vote and Watch issue under More.

12-08-2016 10-04-29 AM.png

What am I missing? Is it a persmissions thing? I am an admin on both projects.. What do I need to configure to get this going?

4 answers

0 votes
Sean M February 25, 2020

I found that the "New issue view" doesn't have the "Create linked issue" option. If I select "Turn off for now" in the "..." menu, and disable "JIRA Labs", the "Create linked issue" option shows up for me.

0 votes
Tao Liang August 14, 2016

Click on top right corner Setting Icon, In drop-down list select Issues. Then on left bar you will see Issue Features: Click on Issue linking and add a new type of link. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you

0 votes
maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2016

Maybe this can help? https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver031/linking-issues-802165194.html#Linkingissues-Createanewlinkedissuefromanexistingissueinaservicedeskorbusinessproject

If you are using the Server version, this is only available since JIRA Service Desk 3.1.0

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2016

Hey dts,

In the project permission schemes, ensure that you have "Link issues" permission.

Thank you

Bhushan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events