Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migration from Zendesk to JIRA

Hi, is there a way to migrate all Zendesk tickets into JIRA Service Desk swiftly please? Also, is there a bundle option to do so if we purchase the product? Appreciate your advice. Thank You.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Nov 09, 2018

You would export from zendesk to CSV and then import. It is tedious but doable. It took me a couple days to migrate from Spiceworks. 

Jack - did you find there were issues with field names? I have a lot of control over Zendesk fields, is that true with JIRA Service desk?

@Jenni_Field when you do a bulk import from csv, you are able to map the fields to any fields you have available in your project. You will need to make sure you have the fields you want before you do the import and create custom fields if necessary - but you should limit the number of custom fields in your project so try your best to work with what is already available even if the name is slightly different.

Thank you @Paul Mata

We have been working on migrating, and think we have the tickets, users and orgs. I can't find a lot of information on moving from Zendesk KB to JIRA Confluence, I think that is our last hurdle. 

I agree with @Jenni_Field Can't find a lot of info on moving from Zendesk KB to Confluence. Any pointers there?

The answer is maybe late, but I think it will help other users resolve a similar issue. I can recommend this solution from those available in Atlassian marketplace: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218450/zendesk-to-jira-service-desk-migration?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

It’s a Jira Service Desk integration called Help Desk Migration service. It allows migrating everything from Zendesk to Jira, including Tickets, Contacts, Organizations, Agents, Attachments, Public and Private Notes, Tags, and Custom Fields. 

The tool is automated and requires little to no tech experience to perform such an import in just a few steps. It’s also possible to test the tool for free before setting up the full data migration. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

147 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you