Migration from Zendesk to JIRA

Cynthia Angeline Nagulan November 9, 2018

Hi, is there a way to migrate all Zendesk tickets into JIRA Service Desk swiftly please? Also, is there a bundle option to do so if we purchase the product? Appreciate your advice. Thank You.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2018

You would export from zendesk to CSV and then import. It is tedious but doable. It took me a couple days to migrate from Spiceworks. 

Jenni Field October 22, 2019

Jack - did you find there were issues with field names? I have a lot of control over Zendesk fields, is that true with JIRA Service desk?

Paul Mata December 9, 2019

@Jenni Field when you do a bulk import from csv, you are able to map the fields to any fields you have available in your project. You will need to make sure you have the fields you want before you do the import and create custom fields if necessary - but you should limit the number of custom fields in your project so try your best to work with what is already available even if the name is slightly different.

Jenni Field January 6, 2020

Thank you @Paul Mata

We have been working on migrating, and think we have the tickets, users and orgs. I can't find a lot of information on moving from Zendesk KB to JIRA Confluence, I think that is our last hurdle. 

Aaron Parker April 8, 2020

I agree with @Jenni Field Can't find a lot of info on moving from Zendesk KB to Confluence. Any pointers there?

0 votes
Deleted user August 12, 2020

The answer is maybe late, but I think it will help other users resolve a similar issue. I can recommend this solution from those available in Atlassian marketplace: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218450/zendesk-to-jira-service-desk-migration?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

It’s a Jira Service Desk integration called Help Desk Migration service. It allows migrating everything from Zendesk to Jira, including Tickets, Contacts, Organizations, Agents, Attachments, Public and Private Notes, Tags, and Custom Fields. 

The tool is automated and requires little to no tech experience to perform such an import in just a few steps. It’s also possible to test the tool for free before setting up the full data migration. 

Bryan McDade September 17, 2021

What was the cost?  I hate companies that don't have pricing listed and want you to contact them just to find out how much it is.

Dima Lazarchuk
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2021

you don't need to contact them.

Use this simple estimator with no obligations https://help-desk-migration.com/pricing/

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

@Bryan McDade , I am currently playing with the solution from this vendor for Freshdesk migration. They have a demo that you can run through and at the end of that you’ll get an idea of the pricing. It all comes down to the number of records which includes everything from tickets, fields, agents customers etc. You might want to see about going through the demo to get a better idea. The challenge for me right now is that I may have to go through a migration multiple times as the team will want to test the migration each time. It doesn’t seem to be a good model for this and the pricing. So it’s sort of a start over unless you can get it all done within five days which seems to be the allowed time limit to complete the process. It may be different for Zendesk and if your migration is pretty straightforward it should not be a problem.

Dima Lazarchuk
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2021

@Jack Brickey we don't have any time limits for your migration. 5 days means that after this term with no activity your data will be deleted from our servers. If you need any help with your migration ping our Support Team.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2021

Thanks Dima. I am working closely with support. Cheers!

Like Dima Lazarchuk likes this
Bryan McDade September 17, 2021

Cool.. Thanks Jack and Dima for the info.  I'll check it out and see what it would be to migrate our info.  Looks like it's pretty simple to use for sure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events