Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to Docker - Unable to Log In

Brandon Thetford August 13, 2019

I have ServiceDesk 4.3 installed on an ubuntu server, using a MSSQL database and with user authentication via Active Directory.

I'd like to move it to a containerized version and have downloaded and deployed the official atlassian/jira-servicedesk image.

I attached to the container to run config.sh to connect the new instance to my database, which seems to have worked well enough that the setup wizard doesn't run and I'm given a login prompt.

However, I cannot log in with any of my users.

Why can I not log in even though this is pointing at the same database?

An interesting excerpt from the atlassian-jira-security.log file in the container:

2019-08-13 18:58:31,592 http-nio-8080-exec-8 bthetford 1138x49x1 - 172.17.0.1 /rest/gadget/1.0/login The user 'bthetford' has PASSED authentication.

Yet I am just dumped back to the login screen with no error or warning. 

2 answers

0 votes
Brandon Thetford August 14, 2019

Thanks

I'll copy the home directory and see if that helps.

The MSSQL server uses SQL authentication. What I meant was I use active directory for my jira users.

0 votes
Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2019

Hi Brandon,

I am not a docker expert but trying to help you on migration of your JIRA since you've moved to a docker container. I believe when you find the docker image for your JSD - the container did contain the installation directory and then you modified config.sh to connect your JSD to your existing database. However, the data on JIRA home directory must be missing. You should move your existing JIRA home directory on to your docker instance - could creating a volume to mount and that volume should contain your JIRA home directory. I believe this could causing the issue. Another thing is that, 

"with user authentication via Active Directory"

If your MSSQL server uses windows user to authenticate - then you might need to perform certain changes to your instance in order to serve the purpose. Example like, the drivers you use and .dll files which authenticate against active directory. Please look into them

Thanks

Shankar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events