Migrate only Service Desk to new instance

um July 28, 2017

Hello,

I need to transfer the Service Desk from internal Jira-instance to another/new jira instance.

At the moment I am trying to delete the internal data from the db-tables and want to import the changed db to the new jira-instance. That is not so easy because I do not now the content of these tables exactly

Is there a another possibility? Do I have the possibility to import only the service-desk Profject of I do an XML-Export/Import ?

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings

UM

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

>At the moment I am trying to delete the internal data from the db-tables 

No.  That is going to be a disaster.  Please restore the backup you took before you started doing that and change your approach to one that won't trash your systems.

Set up a new project on the target system, configure it the way you need it and make it a service desk.  Go to the source system and create a full xml backup of it.  Copy that over to the target and use "project import" to pull the issues into the new project

um July 28, 2017

Thank you for your answer.

>At the moment I am trying to delete the internal data from the db-tables 

> No.  That is going to be a disaster.  Please restore the backup you > took before you started doing that and change your approach to > one that won't trash your systems.

-> I am trying to do this on a separate db...

Am I able to import only the data from this certain service-desk-project  or do I have to import all data and then delete the other projects?

Thank you for your hints!

UM

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

>I am trying to do this on a separate db...

Good, that means you haven't done any damage to your existing system.  You can simply throw that database away, as it's been made useless by your deletes.

Project import imports a single project from a full backup.

um July 28, 2017

Ok - and if I import the single project all issues will also be imported? The attachements are separated - right?

Can I also "transfer" users and workflows in the same way...

And before I have to install the service-desk-plugin or is it integrated in the backup  - because it is a "new installation".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

Please read the first answer properly for the first two.

You will need to install service desk on the target as it is a new install.

um July 28, 2017

So I have to transfer users and workflows manually? Or create all this new on the other system and no way to do this easyier?

Thanks again for your reply

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

Again: Set up a new project on the target system, configure it the way you need it.

There are addo-ons that can help you copy the configuration over

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events