Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging workflow for service desk and regular bug-tracker

Andy Püttmann March 25, 2015

I tried to set up a merged workflow to process service desk requests (public support for our project), and also have a public bug and issue tracking workflow.

Looks like the service desk addon locks any transitions and actions in the whole project its attached to.
But setting up all users as service desk agents to process non-service-desk tickets is not an option.

As I created own issue types for the service desk, I expected its working isolated on those assigned types then.

"Problem"/"Abuse"/"Purchase" for example are service desk requests, while "Bug" "Feature" "Task" are for normal workflow. Is there a setting I missed to remove service desk from blocking "Bug" and other non-related tasks without having to put them in a separate project? (I merged them for faster transition between subgroups, as project -> project transitions are in general harder to handle than "switching the issue type" in an edit screen to forward.

I just want to make sure I do not miss anything before having to reconfigure both workflows into separate projects.

Andy

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

This is how the service desk permissions are working..
Only agents can work in these projects - if you have some kind of internal SD you have to set up a separated project if you are not willing to pay more agents – sorry ..

You can get around this problem on the server version in some customizing ways but not really on cloud sad 

0 votes
Andy Püttmann March 25, 2015

Okay. so as I expected.

My goal was not cheating on licenses to bypass the need for agents, but to save the not so easy to operate project -> project conversion of issues.

Noticed the fact too late and had the impression that setting up the service desk workflow for a part of the issue types, and a regular one for the others, disables the need for agent-only transactions.

The "Enable Service Desk for this project" did not warn me about the fact that no other actions are allowed then anymore. Was my last hope to ask here if there maybe some flag for service desk to tell it to ignore one workflow and only act on one in the project.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events