It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Mark tickets as favourite or add a flag?

Hi there,

is there a possibility to mark tickets in the agent portal (not viewable by customers) as favourite or to activate some other sort of flag on them?

We would like to mark tickets that meet some specific characeristics. Preferably with just one click.
We also want to be able to filter for these tickets in our reports or dashboards.

Even if you have any ideas for a workaround, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

Any field that you update or initialize after an issue has been created in the portal does not display in the portal.  So you can add a field that is visible only on edit and view screens that your team can update.  That field will not be displayed in the portal.

Susan

Hi @Susan Hauth -Jira Queen-,

thank you for your answer and your hint with the visibility of fields that are not filled in while creating a ticket. I knew that, but did not consider this practical aspect here.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Apr 03, 2018

You can flag issues. Please see this article.

Cloud - Flagging an issue

Server (7.8) - Flagging an issue

Thank you @Jack!

This seems to be only an option for JSW but not for JSD, isn't it?

Jack Community Leader Apr 03, 2018

yes. sorry. wasn't paying attention. :-(

For JSD you could opt for Components, Custom field or Labels. Depending on your specific requirement I would suggest Components. As a Jira system field it has some built in capabilities that often make it a better choice. You won't be able to do this directly from w/in the Queues menu however.

No problem :-)

Thank you for your answer. I was already trying around with labels and custom fields. Maybe this could be a possibility to arrange with our requirements.

We have released a simple app (currently free on public beta) which enables you to 'star' your favourite Jira issues - check it out here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220802/stars-for-jira.

• Simply select the star icon at the top of the view issue screen to add a Jira issue to your favourites. To remove it, select the icon again. It's that easy!
  • Once starred, your favourite issues are grouped together at the top of the Issues menu, meaning that you're only ever a click and scroll away.
  • Finally, for ease of search, we've also included a handy JQL function for you to use in filters for boards and other reports

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

270 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you