Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing issues from queue

Ed November 9, 2017

We are currently thinking of moving over to Jira from Zendesk  but while trying out the demo we have been unable to see how you can assign/ edit t"tickets" from the queue view page.

3 answers

0 votes
Ed November 9, 2017

Thanks, it defiantly not ideal. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

Keep in mind that queues are simple filtered lists. You can use the other native filter methods, Jalisco save filters and Kanban boards. I would suggest looking at using Kanban boards for moving issue thru the workflow and for bulk assignments I would define component leads, and/or use bulk edit feature within list view.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

@Jack Brickey

Yes, I keep it in mind but queues are easy to manage and that would be nice to have there an issue preview like on boards and bulk edit. These two functionalities are often asked from customers and it s a blocker for them to move to Jira.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

Understood and agree it would be useful to have within queues. In the meantime there are alternatives. 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hello. 

You need to click on the request and you will be routed to issue detail page. You can edit the issue there 

Ed November 9, 2017

Thanks, but I was thinking more from a team leader perspective and the ability to bulk assign with out having to go into the individual issue 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2017

If you want to bulk assign then you have to go to the issue navigator choose issues by the same jql query as in the queue and bulk edit them. I know it is not convenient but I did not find any other way to do it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events