Mailserver change, now license issue

Roland Schuler October 10, 2017

Hi 

We use Jira Service Desk (v 7.3.0) for a while and it's working fine. Now we changed the Mailserver Settings to a new server and are getting an error when testing the settings for the mail handler.

Here the log message:

WARN anonymous    Exchange Mail Handler [c.a.mail.incoming.mailfetcherservice] Exchange Mail Handler[10001]: Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a JIRA application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]

We have 3 agents assigned and the email account we pull the emails from is a separate email address.

Can someone guide me in the right direction? It was only a change of a servername ...

Thanks a lot

Roland

1 answer

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

@Roland Schuler, make sure the account you are using for the mailbox has access to Jira (it's in the Jira sers group.)

Roland Schuler October 10, 2017

@Peter DeWitt thank you for your fast answer. We have a starter license with 3 agents and use these for our 3 users. When I try to add the support mailbox I receive a error because of the 3 agents. 

Since it was working so far, why would I need to use an agent license just to receive emails ... Like I was writing before, I only changed the emailserver name ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events