Mail Handler question

GCP January 29, 2015

When using the Service Desk's built-in mail handler, issues can be created and comments can be made via email.

I would like to set up a mail handler to only allow comments via email, but not allow issues to be created in a service desk via email, only via the portal.

I tried creating a Custom Mail Handler with the handler type 'Add a comment from the non quoted email body' but this does not add a comment to the issue when replying via email.

Comments via the portal work fine.

I see the following error in the Mail Handler log with debugging turned on:

2015-01-27 16:30:03,494 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.clustered_Worker-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner    Test [atlassian.mail.incoming.mailfetcherservice] Test[10003]: User 'Customer 4' does not have permission to comment on an issue in project '10001'.

I have made sure that the 'Customer 4' is in the 'Users' and 'Service Desk Customers' groups for the project.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 vote
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2015

Richard,

Currently, this is not possible. But I'd recommend you to add yourself as watcher of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1373 to get updates on the implementation.

wink

-- Pedro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events