Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Handler Issue

Lindsay Edwards December 7, 2017

Hoping someone else has seen this issue.

I have a group of internal employees with 2 separate JIRA Service test instances that other internal employees email (using Office365) into. User we'll call her Pam emailed xyz@abc.com (Jira Service Desk #1) at 9:35 yesterday morning. At 2pm that same day she email def@abc.com (Jira Service Desk #2) In the mail handler processing log within Jira Service desk #2 I can see that her second email did come into def@abc.com mail handler but it didn't create a new ticket. Instead Jira added her second email as a comment to her first email in Jira Service Desk #1. 

Sorry if that is clear as mud. Thank you in advance of any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

The only way I can see that Jira Service Desk would add a comment to an existing message for an incoming email would be if the subject line contains the exact issue key and subject of the message that exists for an already existing issue in Jira.

If is does not contain those two string aspects in the subject, then I would expect Jira to create a new issue if the permissions permit.

So I suspect that Pam created this issue in the first service desk, and then used the notification she got as a reply and then changed the email address it was going to.  If these two different service desk instances are on the same Jira instance, then perhaps JSD is redirecting this message to what it sees as the proper project/issue in question here. 

Lindsay Edwards December 14, 2017

Thank you I think you're right, she just changed the email address. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events