Lost Tickets, Marked Successfully Ingested from E-mail

I have a Service Desk project configured to receive support requests by e-mail. I was made aware of an e-mail that did not make it into our system. 

In the 'Application' -> 'Email requests' -> 'Processing log', I can see that the e-mail was processed with a status of 'Success'.

I tried re-processing the e-mail by marking it unread and got a second, and third 'success' result. However, I still do not have a new ticket in my project.

I have exported logs and looked for the e-mail subject without success. Could someone provide some more insight about how the ticket creation system works, and where I could look for this ticket?

Thanks.

1 answer

Found the answer. The ticket subject line had a ticket number from a different project (with a different mailbox). It appears that the system read that ticket number and applied the e-mail as a comment to the old project.

Is that expected behavior? It is not as much a problem for my use case, but I could see it being a problem.

are you using a separate mailbox for jira service desk or the same as jira?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

795 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you