Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Tickets, Marked Successfully Ingested from E-mail

James_Mclellan September 14, 2017

I have a Service Desk project configured to receive support requests by e-mail. I was made aware of an e-mail that did not make it into our system. 

In the 'Application' -> 'Email requests' -> 'Processing log', I can see that the e-mail was processed with a status of 'Success'.

I tried re-processing the e-mail by marking it unread and got a second, and third 'success' result. However, I still do not have a new ticket in my project.

I have exported logs and looked for the e-mail subject without success. Could someone provide some more insight about how the ticket creation system works, and where I could look for this ticket?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes

Found the answer. The ticket subject line had a ticket number from a different project (with a different mailbox). It appears that the system read that ticket number and applied the e-mail as a comment to the old project.

Is that expected behavior? It is not as much a problem for my use case, but I could see it being a problem.

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

are you using a separate mailbox for jira service desk or the same as jira?

James_Mclellan September 15, 2017

Separate mailbox.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events