Looped SLA for Customer Update

Olly Furr June 20, 2017

Hi I would like to set up an SLA that resets the clock once action is performed

Our users need to be updated every 4/8 hrs based on priority of the incident.

I need rule for example that once first response has been action an SLA for 8hrs starts to count down. but if I send update to customer I need the SLA to reset and begin 8hr count down again.

Regards

Olly

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

Hi Olly,

WE have the exact scenario you are talking about.  I worked with Atlassian  and came up with a solution where it flipped between In Progress and In Progress 2 whenever there was a comment by the agent and set the SLA to start when entering these statuses.  This effectively worked but was very clunky:

1. It requires a use of 2 status to keep track on the "waiting for support" stage, and create transitions between them:

2. Create automation rules, IF comments is made by agents and the request is in Waiting for support and Request Type is not empty, THEN transition it to the Waiting for support 2 status, and vice versa (transition back from Waiting for support 2 to waiting for support)

3. Create an SLA, START when Issue created, OR entering status waiting for support, OR entering status waiting for support 2, and STOP when comment for customers

However, I found it so clunky that eventually we purchased Intenso - Extensions for Service Desk which has a reset sla post workflow function.

Hope that helps

Jesse_McColm March 30, 2018

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ We have similar needs. I have downloaded a free trial of the Extensions for Service Desk. How did you go about modifying your workflow to make this work properly?

Basically I just need the SLA to update anytime a comment is made by an agent.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2018

HI Jesse,

Create a post workflow function on the status(es) where if the comment is made you want it to reset the SLA.

Call that workflow transition "Reset SLA".  It's only post function is the extensions for service desk (Restart SLA).

Add an automation rule when an agent comments publicly, then transition "Reset SLA".

Note: We use a "Robot" user to do that automation rule and make it conditional that only the robot can transition, so people didn't trigger the transition by mistake.

Hope that helps

Susan

Jesse_McColm April 3, 2018

Thanks Susan! That worked perfectly.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2017

I don't believe resetting SLA timer is possible. You can create multiple SLAs and switch between them by associating w/ a workflow status. You may be able to toggle back in forth between the two status but unsure if timer restarts. Also, I'm wondering if something like this may work...

create a filter something like:

project = ABC and status != resolved and not updated > -4h

and set up a subscription to email every 4hours?

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

Hi Olly,

There is currently a feature request for this that you can find at JSDSERVER-194.  I would suggest voting on the issue and adding your use case to the comments so our devs will consider adding this functionality into JIRA.

You didn't specify Cloud or Server, however, you may want to review this post and review Rober's anwer that states you can do this with MISC Workflow Extension or Script Runner and use the Resolution field and set it on status change then use an automation rule with JQL based on resolutionDate.

Hopefully that helps.  Please don't forget to add comments and vote on JSDSERVER-194!

Cheers,

Branden

Olly Furr June 20, 2017

Hi we are cloud thanks for this very helpful, hopefully we can get this function one day 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events