Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some clarity regarding users in setting up a Service Desk

Robert Blackburn February 4, 2019

Our software dept here runs Jira. I was asked to set up a Jira Service Desk for outside customers. I may be misunderstanding this but under Customer Permissions / Who Can Raise Requests I chose 'Customers who are added to the project'. The thinking being this would only allow our customers to create support tickets rather than allowing anyone on the internet. And we would then just create user accounts for our customers. So under the Help Desk project/Add Customers I added a test customer.

If the customer goes to ourjiraserver/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 and logs in they get the Help Desk okay but if they go to ourjiraserver/ and log in they are on our system dashboard instead of the Help Desk. It doesn't appear they are able to do anything there but we don't want customers logging in to the dashboard. We only want them to see the help portal. I'm assuming I must be creating users incorrectly (or misunderstanding their role).

1 answer

1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2019

Hi Robert,

You must have licensed these customers somehow.  Make sure they don't have any application access and/or are not in the group that is the default licensed group (e.g. jira-users).

Customers do not need to be in a group and do not need to have application access.

Hope that helps

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events