Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Jira Service Desk task to another service desk task goes to Jira Core

Scott Bailey December 9, 2019

Hi,

When I am linking a Jira Service Desk task to another Jira Service Desk task the link actually goes to the Jira Core task instead of Jira Service Desk is there a way to make it link to the Service Desk task?

1 answer

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

hello @Scott Bailey when linking issues Jira doesn't check if the ticket is service desk or core, it just cares about the issue ID, that's the only identifier you need. If you provide extra info I might be able to help you more but the way it works is basically how I described it

Scott Bailey December 9, 2019

hi, yes that in lies the problem, from Jira Service Desk the customer wants to reference another Jira Service Desk issue and they would expect other Jira Service Desk Customer/Users to be able to click that reference (link) to the other task and stay within the Jira Service Desk not be told they don't have permission to see the linked task. 

Is there any way to fix it so that it just links to the the Jira Service Desk task?

Viktor December 10, 2019
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

If I get the idea right then I don't think there's a pretty solution. I understand that the following is happening

A customer links their issue to another in the portal

Then someone clicks on it a takes them to that ticket but within Jira rather than the portal 

Clients can't see it because they don't have licences.

If this is your case the problem lies within the tool behavior and we can't change it. You will have to offer customers another field where they can put the whole url as they see it in the portal.

If I got this wrong and issue link takes them to the ticket within the portal, then the linked ticket must be shared with those customers in order to see it. Maybe grouping customers in organizations and sharing all within the organization is the best route to go

Scott Bailey December 10, 2019

I've tried modifying the permission of Link Issues to include the Group jira-service-desk customers but that didn't fix the issue.

Is there a particular permission that is required to be granted? 

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2019

@Scott Bailey can you confirm if I got the idea right? Remember that if it did, the problem isn't the permissions.

Add some print screens to help us understand if not.

Scott Bailey December 10, 2019

You have the correct assessment. but it's not a licensing issues it's the fact that we don't want to give them access to Jira. The Service Desk Portal is for customer interaction. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2019

It's pretty much the same, give them licenses implies granting them access to the environment.

Then if I got the idea right you won't fix this with permissions, you will need to provide the customer another field where they would paste the url of their linked issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events