Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link service desk with ad for customer

herrault Lauris August 4, 2020

Hi ,

We already use on the company service desk but for a specific service.

Now we do some test to use it for our IT support.

I have some question, we want that all users who create ticket  or request can create it with ldap connection . (login with their AD users)

If we configure ldap on Jira for all user,  (link Jira with active directory), we will need to paid for each user synced a JIRA license ?

Currently we had a license for  250 users (but 800 account ldap on the company) if I sync all AD users I will need a license for each user who can create a ticket with ldap account ?

If we need a license for each person who create a ticket , have you got another method to help us to mention as like in “reporter” field to enter the AD users or other method to simplify management of ticket.

Thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2020

A users isn't considered to be licensed unless they have access to an application. Being present in the directory doesn't consume a license. You can have as many users in the directory as you want.

I do want you are doing. I sync my entire directory. But only the agents are given application access. The rest of the firm is in a group that gives them the service desk customer role. Service Desk Customers don't consume licenses.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events