Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link email to Service Desk issue without having Jira issue number

Kevin Focht April 3, 2015

Is there a way to link an incoming email to a JIRA Service Desk issue without having the JIRA issue number in the subject?

We have some automated monitors that currently send us emails that I would prefer would create a Service Desk issue so it can be tracked. Since its automated the subject is identical every time and has some text that could be parsed to know it is a monitor but I don't know of a way to have JIRA link that email to an existing issue without knowing the issue number.

What I am trying to avoid is every time the monitor would run it will create a new issue which clutters up the service desk.

1 answer

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 2, 2015

Hi,

Email This Issue has a mail handler that do this for you. You can implement custom email lookup and have issues with the same Subject treated as the same.

E.g if an email comes in and there is an issue with Summary equal to the email subject, you can make the issue commented instead of creating a new issue.

See details here: http://www.meta-inf.hu/wiki/display/PLUG/Field+Contexts

Tibor 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events