Link Service Desk Request Type to outside URL

Jason Huntowski August 18, 2017

I have a large Service Desk portal with many IT divisions being mapped underneath. In one particular project, I have a SD Group on the portal, lets call it Group A. When I click on Group A on the portal, I would like to see only 1 request type and I would like that if the user clicks on the Request Type, that it redirect them to a SharePoint URL where the form is located. Is this ppossible?

If this is not possible, I would love to hear how other teams might be redirecting users to an outside URL for a request type? I need to have it represented in the Service Desl portal, as that is our enterprise solution. It just so happens that this team is not willing to manage their requests in jira and would rather use Sharepoint.

I formatted the Request Type, so that the Request Type name was instructional. "Click the link below to log a request for Group A" and then for description I put the link in there. This covers probably 80% of users, as I am sure at leat 20 out of 100 of them will still click the Request Type name as opposed to the link that the name is telling them to click.

If they are now on the request screen, I again have the request type name telling them to click the link, and not actually select "Create" to log a service desk request. I fiugure this will catch 15% of the remaining users. Now, for the last 5% I know will select "Create" and never click on the link, I have a request logging and auto-closing and send them an email telling them they did not create a request, and to click the link. But this seems long and drawn out. I wish I could just redirect the Request Type name to an outside URL instead of it opening the Request form.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

Hi Jason,

The closest thing to that I've seen is in the Communities post titled Solved: How to redirect Service Desk request type URLs?

Take a look at that Communities post and see if that information helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events