cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Create for Agents of a Different Project

Colin Helke
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

I have two projects: IT and HR. I would like IT Agents to go to the HR portal to put in HR requests instead of clicking create at the top of the agent screen and vice versa for HR putting in IT requests. Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018

Hello,

Have a look at the permission scheme of these projects. For example, my permission scheme for the Create Issues permission looks like this:

• Project Role (Administrators)
  • Project Role (Service Desk Team)
  • Service Desk Customer - Portal Access
  • Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access)

If you want a user to create an issue in the portal then exclude this user from the Service Desk Team role and add this user to the Service Desk Customer.

Colin Helke
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

Right now I have it set up like this:

IT Project Users and Roles

• Project Role (Administrators) - Colin Helke
  • Project Role (Service Desk Customer) - All Users
  • Project Role (Service Desk Team) - Jira - IT (this group has only IT members in it

HR Project Users and Roles

• Project Role (Administrators) - Colin Helke
  • Project Role (Service Desk Customer) - All Users
  • Project Role (Service Desk Team) - Jira - HR (this group has only HR members in it

Both parties can create tickets on the agent side for both projects even though they have the agent role in their project and customer role in the other project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events