cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base Survey plugin not working with Service Desk

Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

Hi,

We just started using the Confluence Knowledge Base Survey plugin. I use the survey macro on all our knowledge base articles. Those articles are also searched when someone reports a new issue through JIRA Service Desk. When you type in your summary, a list of knowledge base articles is shown. When you select one, the article is viewed in a popup.

The problem is that in this popup view, the survey macro is not rendered and gives an error. Below is a snippet of the error in the log file.

Anyone an idea how to fix this, because it is rather ugly when you view the article in Service Desk, although I really like the feedback functionality in Confluence.

014-08-19 17:13:02,616 ERROR [http-8090-7] [xhtml.view.macro.ViewMacroMarshaller] marshalInternal Error rendering macro: kbsurvey
 -- url: /plugins/servlet/remotepageview | userName: g.graat | referer: https://tools.blueriq.com/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/create/4
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.knowledgebase.survey.KbSurveyMacro.execute(KbSurveyMacro.java:81)
	at com.atlassian.renderer.v2.macro.ResourceAwareMacroDecorator.execute(ResourceAwareMacroDecorator.java:51)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.macro.V2CompatibilityMacro.execute(V2CompatibilityMacro.java:40)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.macro.LazyLoadingMacroWrapper.execute(LazyLoadingMacroWrapper.java:27)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.view.macro.ViewMacroMarshaller.marshalInternal(ViewMacroMarshaller.java:112)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.view.macro.ViewMacroMarshaller.marshal(ViewMacroMarshaller.java:68)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.view.macro.ViewMacroMarshaller.marshal(ViewMacroMarshaller.java:30)

2 answers

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2014

Update: version 1.4.2 was released in early December. The error is gone, but the macro does not render completely (the questions are not visible). So it is an improvement, but not quite there yet. smile

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2014

Update: as we are using Service Desk more and more, I see a lot of these errors in the logs. I went out to look for a solution again and found that there has been some activity on the development of the plugin (https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/confluence-kb-survey-plugin/commits/tag/knowledgebase-survey-1.4.2), which might have resolved my error. There is however no new version of the plugin available, so I am now trying to reach one of the developers to see if they can make a new version available.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events