Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base Per Client

Deleted user August 11, 2017

Hello,

I am evaluating moving our Support Desk from Zendesk to JIRA Service Desk. We are a managed IT services company who support a number of companies. Currently we have the following setup:

- When a customer logs into our Zendesk Portal they see a queue of their own tickets they have created.

- They can also see all of the tickets that have been made by other users in the customer's organisation.

- They have access to a knowledge base that is specific to that customers organisation only. They cannot see other organisations knowledge bases.

- From our side, they is a queue of tickets that come in. We have a number of agents who pick up the tickets, regardless of the submitter's organisation. We do not have agents assigned specifically to certain customer's organisation.

Can you tell me can each of the above items be possible in using Service Desk and Confluence for knowledge bases? We currently use JIRA internally for Software Development and Project Management and would very much like to consolidate but I need to be sure that I can still run a common Service Desk for multiple client organisations that has segragated data from the customer's point of view.  

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2017

Hi @[deleted],

All of this is indeed possible using JIRA Service Desk (JSD). The only thing that will need some consideration would be the KB per client.

Depending on the nature of your services, I assume part of your KB articles are relevant to all of your customers while another part is specific. Through permissions it should be perfectly possible to both avoid unnecessary duplication of KB articles and specific access for your customers.

There's a few different ways as to how you could set things up, so I would suggest you talk to a Solutions Partner to help you look at the best match with your requirements. Partners can also help you with the data migration if that might be part of the move too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events