Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Know open issues per day

Ivan Bouso May 2, 2019

Good afternoon,
I'm trying to make a query that allows me to know how many issues were open in each day within a period of time. I don't get it ....

Can someone help me to perform the jql? It's possible to get what I need without pay for a plugin?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Best regards.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

You can use the created option for your request.

For example 

created >= startofday() // gives all tickets created today

created < specific day and created >= another date // should give you issues created between these dates

Do have a look at searching issues in Jira(advanced page) for a list of possible options.

If you just want to know the number, you can save your search and add it to a gadget to show you how many tickets were created.

Cheers.

Ivan Bouso May 2, 2019

Good afternoon Ismael and thank you very much for your quick response!

But not only those that were opened that day, but also those that were not closed that same day.

For example:

On day 1 there were 23 open issues.

On day 2 there were 16 open issues.

I want to get a graph to know the volume of active incidents every day in a period of time.

I apologize, the english isn't my native language.

Thank you so much.

Best regards.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

Hi @Ivan Bouso 

1. Create the filter like I described above so you have all tickets that were created in the said period.
  2. Add the Created vs Resolved gadget to your dashboard. (Note that JIRA considers only tickets with the resolution field set as resolved. So if your use case varies, you need to have separate filters where one is just opened and the other is the same with an added condition that the ticket is in a closed status).
  3. Specify that this gadget should use your filter created in step 1. (You can also use the pie chart gadget and set it to use status to separate tickets, this will not give you daily result though)

See a sample of the gadget in use below:

Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 13.36.49.png

Hope it helps.

Ivan Bouso May 2, 2019

Good afternoon ismael,

The values ​​that come to me, have nothing to do with reality.
For example, today there are 14 unresolved incidents (real) but according to the graph there are 24.Incidencias.jpg

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2019

Hi @Ivan Bouso ,

May I ask where your mouse button is? To my knowledge if you hover over the dot, it should show you data as per the day itself(I mean the dot on the green and red chart not the one below).

My suspicion is you are looking at the trend of unresolved which would show you a trend of the cumulative rather than the one for each day which was what I understood you were interested in.

Do correct me if I misunderstood.

Ivan Bouso May 2, 2019

Hi Ismael,

The mouse is on top of today, in the "Unresolved Trend" bar.

The number of total incidents is 14, is the value that I would like to see when I put the mouse on top of today's graph.

Thank you again!

Best regards.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2019

You are welcome.

Unfortunately as mentioned, that section uses a cumulative of unresolved as of today in the timeframe you specified not unresolved tasks today.

You could raise a feature ticket with Atlassian at https://jira.atlassian.com for this functionality to be added to the gadget.

Cheers.

Ivan Bouso May 3, 2019

Thank you for all that you have done!!!

Best regards!!

0 votes
Fabrizio Dovesi April 29, 2022

Hi @Ivan Bouso 

I was dealing with a similar problem few weeks ago.

I was able to manage it by using the "Filter count" gadget and it looks like this:

FilterCount.JPG

Each of them is based on a JQL filter, like:

to get the number of open issues 2 days ago:

created <= startOfDay(-1) AND (resolutiondate >= startOfDay(-2) OR resolution is empty)

For more details, you can refer to the post I've published a few days ago: https://www.neteye-blog.com/2022/04/gonna-keep-on-monitoring-til-my-team-reaches-the-highest-ground-jira-dashboard-to-monitor-support-teams-performances-and-service-quality-level/ 

Hope it helps you and/or other users. :-)

Cheers!

Fabrizio

Ivan Bouso April 29, 2022

Thank you so much, Fabrizio! Cheers!!

Like Fabrizio Dovesi likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events