Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keytool error while setting up HTTPS certificate: "not a directory"

Jason Freeman February 22, 2018

I'm trying to add our wildcard certificate (*.example.com) to our newly setup JIRA Service Desk instance on CentOS 7.

I start by running this command:

sudo /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin/keytool -genkey -alias jira -keyalg RSA -keystore /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin/keytool/jira.jks

I then answer the questions.  For the first name and last name, I enter *.example.com.  When it asks for our organizational unit, I leave it blank because we don't have an organizational unit.  I then provide normal answers for the remaining questions.

It then asks if the distinguished name is correct.  I answer "yes."

It asks for the password again.  I enter the same password that I previously entered.

Immediately following this, I receive the following error message:

keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin/keytool/jira.jks (Not a directory)

1 answer

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2018

Hi, Jason.
It seems we do have a problem when trying to save the jks file under the keytool directory, however, you should be good to save this at the JIRA-HOME dir.

So may I know if you can execute this command and change the JKS file to be placed in JIRA-HOME? If you're using the Linux default path, the command should go like this:

sudo /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin/keytool -genkey -alias jira -keyalg RSA -keystore /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/jira.jks

Jason Freeman February 23, 2018

I tried it, and it did not error that time or provide any other messages, so I believe that it worked.

Could the following documentation be updated to reflect this new command?  This is where I found the command I was previously using:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/running-jira-applications-over-ssl-or-https-938847764.html#RunningJIRAapplicationsoverSSLorHTTPS-commandline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events