Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had 2 users complain they cannot update tickets, only make comments.

Matt McGinnis August 16, 2019

Just had 2 users complain they cannot update tickets, only make comments.  They are members of the same groups as others that can update tickets.  Any ideas on where I can look?  I'm a new admin in Jira so any help is appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

Hey @Matt McGinnis

There's a couple places you will want to check. First this can happen for a couple different reasons.

• Group permissions not assigned
  • Project not role assigned
  • Individual permission in the permission scheme

Since you said the groups are the same, I would go to the project they are attempting to updated issues in and access the project settings. From there go to the Permissions section and view the permissions under the Issue Permissions section. Take a look at what is allowing users to edit issues and any other permissions they may need. If its a group, make sure they are in that group. If its a project role, go to the People section and make sure they are assigned the appropriate role in the project.

The permission scheme will tell you exactly what those users need to be able to edit issues. Going there should solve your problem!

0 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

please use the permission helper in jira to view the issue with the permission.

just press two time g and then enter permission helper.

Put the user name and try to investigate the issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events