Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Just had 2 users complain they cannot update tickets, only make comments.

Just had 2 users complain they cannot update tickets, only make comments.  They are members of the same groups as others that can update tickets.  Any ideas on where I can look?  I'm a new admin in Jira so any help is appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey @Matt McGinnis

There's a couple places you will want to check. First this can happen for a couple different reasons.

• Group permissions not assigned
  • Project not role assigned
  • Individual permission in the permission scheme

Since you said the groups are the same, I would go to the project they are attempting to updated issues in and access the project settings. From there go to the Permissions section and view the permissions under the Issue Permissions section. Take a look at what is allowing users to edit issues and any other permissions they may need. If its a group, make sure they are in that group. If its a project role, go to the People section and make sure they are assigned the appropriate role in the project.

The permission scheme will tell you exactly what those users need to be able to edit issues. Going there should solve your problem!

please use the permission helper in jira to view the issue with the permission.

just press two time g and then enter permission helper.

Put the user name and try to investigate the issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,211 views 14 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you