Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira service desk request order by groups

Ronen Erlich January 22, 2018

Hi all,

Does anyone know if I can create also sub-groups for request type in Jira SD?

My current challenge is that I am creating a service desk (server solution) for the company security information department and they have multiple teams. they would like to have one service desk for the department and sort the request per team. Some teams have more than 10 request type so they want to sort those into groups too -

so, ideal solution will be 1 service desk for the department, request types sorted by groups, and in each group have sub-groups for request types (i.e. "risk mgmt" subgroup will include both "risk assessment" and "risk exception" request type) 

is it doable, can we make REST API changes to create the subgroups, or is there any add-on that can handle that/

Thanks community!

Ronen

2 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna Pawlak March 1, 2018

Hi @Ronen Erlich,

Maybe will it be easier to make a different model of request types' organisation? Maybe less grouping and creating sub-groups, but more creating general groups and show request types for selected groups of users? Our team is developing Extension for JSD app and we offer feature Visibility. One option is about request types. I think this is what you need. You can read more in our documentation.

Please get a 30-day trial from Marketplace. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask our support team :)

Best regards,

Katarzyna

Ronen Erlich March 5, 2018

Hi Katarzyna,

This is not exactly what I was looking for....

But I appreciate you recommendation.

Thank so much,

Ronen

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

there are a number of ways to achieve this.

The first I would consider is to use Components. The Components would represent the teams w/in the department. If your customers are aware of the teams then you can make Components a require field and even if they are not aware if the naming of the Components is clear then they likely can guess the right one. In this way most of the issues will fall into the right queue right out of the gate. However, invariably issues will get moved around when a member of one team finds the issue belongs to another team. By using Components you can elect to set the default assign by component but isn't required.

You can also create a custom field, e.g. "Security Team" w/ a drop down selection. 

If you end up not having the customer contribute to directing the issue to the right team then you would have a single Triage queue where all (or designated group) be responsible for routing to the proper team's queue.

Thanks Jack!

will the components be presented on the main SD page somehow, like the groups are being presented? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

@Ronen Erlich, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by the "main SD page" but let me add some info here that might help.

First, are you on Server or Cloud variant of JSD? The reason I ask is that I am on cloud so what I see may be different than what you will see if on Server. BTW, it is always a good idea to add a label/tag on your question "cloud" or "server" as the differences are very real in Atlassian products.

So what I'm thinking here is that you would create queues for each team within the 'Security Dept' project. The JQL for each queue would simple be something like below:

Team Queue: status != Resolved AND Component = TeamA ORDER BY "Time to resolution"

again if you need it (likely) you would have a 'Triage' queue that would be to cover any issues that don't have a Component e.g.

Triage Queue: resolution = Unresolved AND Component is (EMPTY)

hope this helps. More questions? JLMK.

Hi Jack,

thanks again! I did actually mentioned that i have a server solution: "I am creating a service desk (server solution) for the company security information department"

the main SD page is the customer portal - on the customer portal you can see the groups but there is no way to create sub groups so to provide some details of my issue:

department - securoty

teams: SGRC, SecEng, ProdTools etc.

each teams have their own issue types: SGRCissue1, SGRCissue2... SecEngissue1, SecEngissue2 etc. - I can group the issues under the team (set up the team as group and assign all the requests to that group) however is I have SGRCissue1 and SGRCissue2 under the same subcategory (for example: i have issue types "risk assessment" and "risk exception" and would like them to be under a category (sub-group) risk management - is there a way for me to have a group SGRC and display under it Risk management on the customer portal?)

Thank you!

Ronen 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events