Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira service desk customer can't login

mathew wise June 10, 2019

I have a AD user I want as customer/portal access that can log an JSD issues.

they can't logon with an error of bad username and/or bad password. (The log entry shows that the login failed because of AUTHENTICATED_FAILED )I can see the user in user management and the users are within the customer of the project. the permission scheme has right to view and create.

the user does not have jira service desk or jira software license.

the logs show "the user 'USERNAME' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or were not found.

customer permission are set to "Customers who are added to the project"

the user name is correct and the password is correct.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mathew wise June 13, 2019

the problem is the jira service desk user is connected to crowd. the said users was not an authenticated user.

All jira serviced desk customers when connected to crowd still need to be a licensed user in crowd. So In jira it does not count as a jira license you if using crowd it will take up a crowd license.

Watch out for this when using crowd and jira service desk. Large number of jira service desk customer will need a large crowd license to match the user of customer.

It is tracked here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1244

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2019

Mathew,

Is the user added in the Service Desk Customer or User roles in the project?

Does the role have permission to create tickets?

Victor

mathew wise June 11, 2019

yes i have a group that the user is in for customers and i have added the user in users.

i can see the user is customers within the customers list. 

I have used the test permission and its ok for creating issues. the only way i can get the user to login in is when i give them a jira license which i don't want to do

mathew wise June 11, 2019

So the tests I did yesterday

• All users are in the everyone group. This group has been added SERVICE DESK CUSTOMERS. I can see all users within customers
• Got the user to change there password = failed to login 
• Added the user into the jira users ad user, re synce crowd and jira = taken up a license but they could log in
• Removed the user into the jira users ad user, re synce crowd and jira = failed to login 
I can’t send log file but I’m happy to have call today.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events