Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira service desk cloud has stopped showing reporter email add, can this be controlled via config?

Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2019

In the last few hours, Jira service desk seems to have stopped showing reporter email address for a JSD ticket. I guess this is related to GDPR changes. But is there a way to configure this behaviour?

Its really going to be a pain (for the customer as well as us) if we do not know domain of the reporter. Majority of the times that domain itself provides sufficient context about the reported ticket.

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2019

Hi @Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids 

I'm not sure what might have changed recently to make the reporter email addresses disappear but I'd like to provide a suggestion you could set up some Organizations that would specify who/what domain is opening a ticket if you are using the Service Desk for customer specific tickets. 

There is an option in the General Configurations that is specific to User email visibility.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 5.47.20 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events